Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What it's all about :)

I love SCUBA diving and I also love to cook delicious food! I'm using this blog to chronicle my diving and cooking adventures. Hopefully this blog will encourage me to try new recipes (maybe come up with a few of my own??) and help me record my dives.

DIVING 
I am a NAUI Masterdiver and have been certified since 2005. I try to go diving at least one day every weekend but sometimes the waves have other ideas. For the frequent diver, boat dives are expensive! So I do shore dives almost exclusively. My husband, friends, and I started exploring shore dive sites around O'ahu and have found some great spots! My plan for the diving aspect of this blog is to map out the dives I do and to showcase some of the organisms I see. Diving new sites is one of the most thrilling parts of diving! You don't know what kinds of fish, algae, coral, and other invertebrates you will see!

   Scrambled Egg nudibranch, Taken by Claire L. at Ni'ihau 

COOKING
I am not a chef, I am a marine biologist that happens to love food. LOVE IT. If I had to describe my cooking abilities I would say average. I normally have a set "menu" which I cook from. You know, the standards that you always fall back to. Frozen veggie stir frys, spaghetti, pizza...you get the idea. Boring. So I would like to change that. I am going to try at least one new recipe every week and discuss how successful it was or why it flopped. This will help me become a better cook and maybe help you avoid making my mistakes :)

   Hahaha. Only example of my cooking that I have right now. 
              Sunny side up eggs (eyes), cornbread (nose), and bacon (smile).

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your great underwater photos and yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! The nudibranch looks delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So NOT boring! Cannot wait to follow your journey of diving, and OF COURSE my all time favorite, eating! Scrambled Egg Nudibranch...awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it when a plan comes together!!! Keep those pics and recipes coming!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking about your grilled eggplant and here it is on your blog!!! Thanks Claire!!!

    ReplyDelete